Google
 

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Blockbuster Deal Sends Willis/Cabrera to the Tigers

Yes I wrote that headline correct. In what can only be classified as a mega-deal; the Florida Marlins are sending Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera to the Detroit Tigers. In return the Tigers are going to send Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, Mike Rabelo, Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahern, and Burke Badenhop.

Now like most of you reading this, I have no idea who any of those players are. I guess this can only be classified as a great day for the Detroit Tigers. So much has been made about Johan Santana and the teams involved that this really surprised me.

Now I am not convinced that Dontrelle Willis is that great of a pitcher. Cabrera is an amazing hitter, but lacks on defense. The Tigers are going to be a great offensive team and they also have a deep pitching staff. They are going to be a very good team this year and they should be tough to deal with. Willis helps their team on paper, but as stated above I don't think he is that good of a pitcher. I think he is an average pitcher who should get knocked around by the talented teams in the AL.

Whatever the case may be, the Tigers have put themselves in the discussion with the elite teams in the AL. It is going to be hard to get around their lineup now with the addition of Cabrera.

No comments: