Now onto the conference that is far superior in every aspect of the game. They have more stars, more talent, simply put, better teams. Here is how I see the season ending up:
1. Denver Nuggets (2): This is my team to beat in the Western Conference. They have two of the best players in the league and plenty of low post talent to stick with the best in the west. Look for them to be around come championship time.
2. Utah Jazz (6): Last year they showed how good they can be. It is now up to the players to continue to improve this season. If they do, they should be right there in the thick of the playoff race.
3. Portland TrailBlazers: Beat this team now while you still can. In 2-3 years they will be the best team in the league. Unfortunately they play the games now, they are not there yet.
4. Seattle Sonics: They are a team that has a lot of talent. But not enough to get them anywhere near the playoffs this year.
5. Minnesota Timberwolves: They traded away the franchise after not surrounding him with talent. To bad, this team could have done big things.
1. Phoenix Suns (4): Every year they are the most overrated team in the NBA. They don't play any defense. Steve Nash is a good PG but he can't play defense. They'll have a great regular season and fail miserably in the playoffs as always.
2. Golden State Warriors (7): Last year this team found out they can compete with anybody in the league. However, they are going to be the Cinderella team again. There are too many good teams for them to be in the top of the west.
3. Los Angeles Lakers (8): If they trade Kobe, forget the playoffs. If they keep Kobe they'll make the playoffs but lose in the first round.
4. Los Angeles Clippers: When Elton Brand went down, so did their season.
5. Sacramento Kings: Remember when this was a team to be reckon with? Yeah, not anymore.
1. San Antonio Spurs (1): The most well rounded team in the league. I think they will finish with a slightly better record than the Mavs and be the top team in the West. Look for them to be in contention for a repeat.
2. Dallas Mavericks (3): They have something to prove going into this season. They want to show the world that last year was a flux. They are going to succeed, because I don't see them losing many games.
3. Houston Rockets (5): This team has the potential be the best in the league. However, until they prove they can get it together I am not going to put them at the top.
4. New Orleans Hornets: They are going to be good.....in time.
5. Memphis Grizzlies: They are going to be bad.... now and in the future.