Google
 

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tiki Barber Needs To Take A Side Or Shut Up

You may remember Tiki Barber as the running back notorious for fumbling the football for the New York Giants early in his career, but then breaking out into being arguably an amazing running back. You may also remember Tiki Barber as being classy, respectful, and having millions of fans. Well, I throw all that out the window.

The Tiki Barber I now know is a guy who walked out on his team, become an analyst, and turned his back on his team. I remember when he criticized Eli Manning, the coaching staff, and the team in general. While criticism is often good because its neccessary to pick out whats bad in a team in order for that team to change for the better, his comments were a bit harsh and disgraceful.

But what makes me dislike Tiki Barber is that now that the New York Giants have actually taken down the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers and made it to the Super Bowl (who would have expected that?), Barber now jumps on the bandwagon and has nothing but praise for the very same team he trashed recently. How am I supposed to take this guy seriously when I don't know what to expect from him.

However, I must admit that there were probably many people, such as myself, who had at one or many points lost faith in the inconsistency of Eli Manning and the Giants. But what matters now is his performance when it counts in the playoffs, which has been flawless.

No comments: