Google
 

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Great Game... I Told You So

Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I did say earlier today that everyone should watch the Lakers visit the Denver Nuggets. If you took my advice and watched it you were treated to one heck of a ball game.

Allen Iverson put on a display of basketball brilliance. He had 51 points and single handily kept his team in the game. Kobe showed once again, why he is the best player in the game. Watching the game I knew Kobe was going to get the ball with under a minute left, and every time the Lakers came down court he got the ball and he scored. The best players always have that quality. In the middle of the game I knew Iverson was going to shoot, but nobody could stop him. It was the same way with Kobe with a minute to go in the game.

At the end of the game it looked like Iverson just ran out of gas. I would argue there is no finer conditioned athelete in the world than Iverson, but even he gets tired at some point. He carried his team through the first 3 and a half quarters. On the other hand there was Kobe who was able to carry his team in the closing minutes and lead his team to victory.

I said earlier today that the spread had the Nuggets as 9 point favorites. I told you to play this game and pick the Lakers. If you listened you were correct. The Lakers came out victorious tonight. It was a great game that was tightly contested throughout. In the 4th I looked up and they were either tied or only separated by a couple of points. What a basketball game and what individual performances by Iverson and Kobe. It is great to see basketball played at this level.

No comments: