Google
 

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Wizards' Guard Gilbert Arenas Will Miss 3 Months

Washington Wizards leading scorer Gilbert Arenas underwent two different surgical procedures on his left knee on Wednesday and will miss about three months. Arenas had been experiencing swelling and soreness in the knee which he had surgically repaired late last season. After sitting out the past two games, Arenas did not travel with the team to Charlotte and underwent an MRI Wednesday morning, which revealed a cartilage tear. Team physician Dr. Marc Connell repaired a partial tear of the meniscus and performed microfracture surgery on a non-weight bearing bone on the side of his knee.

At 6-5, the Wizards are having one of their better seasons and if the Magic weren't as good as they are, this would turn into a divisional race. Not to put the Wizards down, but I'm not too particulary fond of them. I can see why Arenas is their leading scorer. They have no one else to carry the load. DeShawn Stevenson and Antawn Jamison need to carry the pace. The reason I have little faith in this team is because at one point I had Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, and Brendan Haywood on my fantasy team and they didn't do anything for me. In fact, I think Haywood earned me negative points one game. Therefore, Arenas injury will prove devastating for the Wizards.

No comments: